- Daniel Anguilu is a local artist who has created multiple murals all around Houston, including this one located across the street from Agora Cafe. I love the colors of it, as well as the quote that he uses: “Love is the light that sparked when only darkness existed.” Be sure to come early to get a photo of the mural without any cars in front of it.
- Space Montrose is by far one of my favorite small shops in the Houston area. Not only do they a great card selection, but they sell a huge variety of locally made goods, from tees to art prints and jewelry. I also love this store for finding cute and quirky gifts for people.
- If you are a fan of baked goods and yummy lattes, you’ll be sure to love Common Bond. Some of my personal favorites are their croissants (the pistachio and almond are especially delicious), their strawberry champagne cake, their lavender latte, and their jalapeño cornbread. They also have a lunch and dinner menu, but I have just about always gone in with a hankering for something sweet. Also, know that the best time to come is early morning ( 7:30 a.m. or so) or in between lunch and dinner time.
- Cafe Brasil is right across the street from Common Bond and is a great spot for breakfast or brunch. I always enjoy their egg white scramble and have heard good things about their avocado toast.
- The Emerson Rose Wall is a mural on the side of Emerson Rose Montrose, a super cute boutique. While you’re having your photo op in front of the gorgeous shade of pink that this wall provides you with, be sure to also check out the store!
- Right next door to Emerson Rose Montrose, is the vintage store LoFi, which has more than one mural on its exterior walls. On the side nearest to Emerson Ross, is what I call the Bob Ross Wall, as Bob Ross is largely featured.
- On the other side of LoFi Vintage, is their ’90’s Wall. This is by far one of my favorite murals in all of Houston, as it features just about every cartoon from the ’90’s that you can imagine.
- Probably one of the more famous walls in Houston, is the Biscuit Paint Wall. Many bloggers, such as Carrie Colbert and Jennifer Lake, feature this wall in many of their posts as it adds such a nice and colorful backdrop to pictures. Like the Daniel Anguilu wall, be sure to get here really early in order to take photos in front of it without cars being in the way.
I hope that this acts as a good guide to everyone who lives in the Houston area or will be visiting here soon. Click here if you want the prinble version of this mini-walking guide. Also, this is the first of its kind, so do please comment with any suggestions that you think could help posts like this.
Have a great day!
P.S. I’d like to give a quick shout out to Red Shoes. Red Wine. for creating my vision of a signature and logo for me.