Introducing: What to do…. Wednesdays
So far, I have only done some random posts that project thoughts that constantly whirr in my head. I would like to switch it up a bit by introducing a “stable” post for every Wednesday called What to do Wednesdays.
Recently, there has been snow (more like slush) storms that have hit Oregon. This leaves for awful weather to walk twenty minutes in just so you can get to class. Also, apparently those who are prone to allergies, such as myself, end up getting sick due to such ugly weather.
In light of this, I have been thinking of things to do to preoccupy myself while avoiding the weather outside. It is never good to depress yourself even further by doing things that won’t lift your spirits, so do things that make you happy. Things that make me happy are:
- Chowing down on Girl Scout cookies until I have had enough (Thin Mints=heaven)
- Skyping with girlfriends whose pretty faces I haven’t seen in forever due to distance
- Organizing my apartment (potential candidate for OCD)
- Watching a Classic movie–anything directed by Hitchcock or anything that has Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly in it is preferred
- Playing some happy music like Sinatra or the Beatles
- Reading a good book
- Making some hot Apple Cinnamon tea and muffins
- Eating a yummy bowl of oatmeal with blueberries in it
- Pinning so much amazing stuff that I find off the internet
The best thing to remember when the weather gets miserable, is that you don’t have to be as miserable as it. Also, bad weather always provide a good opportunity for having some “me time” 🙂